Houston Discrimination Lawyer
Protecting Equal Employment Opportunities in Texas
Your employee rights include the right to work in an environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Our team at Shellist Lazarz Slobin endeavors to protect clients from employment discrimination in Houston and nationwide. We encourage you to contact us for more information.
Contact Shellist Lazarz Slobin online or call (713) 352-3433 to request a consultation.
Seeking Resolution for Workplace Discrimination Violations
Our Houston discrimination attorneys are ready to assist you in seeking resolution if you have suffered age discrimination, gender/sex discrimination, race/national origin discrimination, disability discrimination, LGBT discrimination, religious discrimination, or pregnancy discrimination. We have experience filing complaints and handling lawsuits regarding all types of job discrimination violations. We have won a number of lawsuits recovering compensation for individuals who were illegally discriminated against in these ways.
Our Houston discrimination lawyers zealously counsel and represent employees who have been discriminated against throughout Texas and across the nation. We also serve as consultants for employers who wish to prevent employment discrimination. Since 1994, our firm has been a dedicated advocate of employee rights, and we seek to protect employees from all workplace discrimination based on race, age, national origin, disability, religion, or other protected classes.
- Related: Filing a Workplace Discrimination Claim in Texas
- Protections Workers Have Against Discrimination
Call for a consultation with a discrimination retaliation lawyer.
Federal Laws Protect Employees from Discrimination
Our Houston discrimination attorneys at Shellist Lazarz Slobin assist employees who wish to file complaints regarding violations of the laws below with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), which enforces all of these laws. If you suffered sexual harassment on the job or workplace discrimination, you have options to protect your employee rights. Contact our discrimination lawyers in Houston to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your matter.
- According to the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the federal laws prohibiting job discrimination are as follows:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA), which states that men and women doing equal work at the same employer should receive equal pay
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), which protects workers 40 years of age or older from job discrimination
- Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA);
- Sections 501 and 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibits discrimination against persons with disabilities who work in the federal government
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991, which allows for monetary damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination
Contact a Discrimination Lawyer in Houston at (713) 352-3433
Have you been discriminated and retaliated against in the workplace?