Houston Wrongful Termination Lawyers
Protecting Employees in Texas and Across the Nation
If you are an "at-will" employee, you can be fired unexpectedly — either with cause or for no reason at all. However, under Texas wrongful termination laws, you and other employees do have some protection. The same federal laws that prohibit workplace discrimination also prohibit retaliation and wrongful termination against employees for reporting discrimination or other employer misconduct.
Federal and Texas wrongful termination laws specifically prohibit:
- Wrongful discharge as a result of employer discrimination;
- Retaliation for reporting employer wrongdoing or refusing to participate in unlawful practices, which is a violation of whistleblower laws;
- Firing or otherwise retaliating against an employee for reporting sexual harassment or participating in an investigation;
- Termination for reporting discrimination based on race, gender, pregnancy, sex, age, religion or disability;
- Firing an employee for participating in an investigation or serving as a witness in an employment discrimination proceeding;
- Termination for reporting wage or overtime pay violations; and
- Firing an employee who is a spouse or close relative of someone who reported wrongdoing or participated in employment litigation
(Source: www.eeoc.gov )
Seeking Resolution for Wrongful Termination Victims
At Shellist | Lazarz | Slobin, based in Houston, our wrongful termination attorneys are committed to helping employees who were wrongfully fired from their job in Texas or anywhere in the United States. Wrongful termination cases can be difficult to handle considering the seriousness of the claim: We can take immediate action to investigate your claim, collect evidence, and protect your rights after wrongful discharge. Our employment law attorneys have 130 years of combined experience in seeking dispute resolution and compensation for wronged employees. We have the resources needed to negotiate wrongful termination settlements or handle retaliation lawsuits against employers when necessary.
Contact our wrongful termination lawyers to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your claim, the facts of your case, and your legal options following employer retaliation and wrongful termination.
Abogados de Empleo